King Charles has thanked the public for their support as the United Kingdom prepares to farewell Queen Elizabeth.
New picture of Queen released as UK prepares for the final farewell
The King has thanked the nation for the outpouring of support and warmth his family has received as a touching image of the Queen was released in tribute.
Charles’s praise came as it emerged Prince George and Princess Charlotte will join their parents, the Prince and Princess of Wales, at the Queen’s state funeral, mourning their great-grandmother with more than 2,000 others at Westminster Abbey.
- How the Queen’s funeral day will play out
- Moment of silence on eve of Queen’s funeral
- London gears up for one million mourners for royal funeral
- King hosts Buckingham Palace reception for world leaders
- Camilla remembers Queen’s humour in televised tribute
US President Joe Biden said the “world is better” because of the Queen as he offered his condolences to the British people for their loss, ahead of her funeral.
A minute’s silence was held at 8pm on Sunday, with Prime Minister Liz Truss standing outside Downing Street, as the nation paused to reflect on the eve of Queen’s burial.